It’s not just the black lung you’ve got to worry about in West Virginia. Unlike most states, smoking rates have not declined in the past ten years. In fact, statistics have shown that the Mountain State has high prevalences of smoking, obesity and diabetes. West Virginians need quality healthcare providers and as such, the nursing profession has never been more important.
Thankfully, becoming an LPN, CNA or RN in West Virginia has never been easier. We’ve compiled a helpful list of fully accredited schools below. Each learning institution is readily accepting new enrollments and can prepare you for a future in the nursing profession.
With campuses all across the state from Charleston to Morgantown and Parkersburg you’re sure to find a school near you. Looking to transition into the field but worried your schedule might keep you from a full-time school commitment? Don’t worry! Our excellent online schools offer fully accredited nursing classes as well. Learn online, at your own pace, from the comfort of your home! There’s never been a better time to become a nurse, so why wait?
As a West Virginia nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in West Virginia:
- Average annual salary: $33,300
- Currently employed: 6,250
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
West Virginia Nursing Schools Enrolling Now
Discover How You Can Learn By Doing at ECPI University!
Whether you’re looking to advance or switch your career or are just starting out, for 50 years, ECPI has been helping people just like you. Find out more about our Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree and diploma programs in Technology, Health Science, Business & Criminal Justice, or Culinary Arts.
Here’s What ECPI University Offers
- Convenient schedule options – on-campus, online, or combination
- Financial assistance – for those who qualify
- Hands-on, interactive learning
- Industry-driven curriculum developed from ongoing employer feedback
- Externships to help prepare you to “hit the ground running”
- Graduate employment services to assist you in developing your job search strategy