Nurses are the oil that keeps the finely tuned healthcare engine of America running. All across the country, hospitals and clinics rely on nurses to promote and protect the health of its patrons. In Washington DC however the patrons you help might be a VIP senator or congressman. Therefore it’s safe to say that if nurses are what keep America’s hospitals running, Washington DC nurses are what keep America running.
If you’re looking into becoming a nurse in our Nation’s Capital, you’ve come to the right place. You don’t have to live in the capital itself to secure a quality education though. Our schools are located all around the Maryland area and even offer fully accredited online learning options as well for those of you on the go.
Becoming an LPN, CNA or RN in DC is one of the most rewarding career choices you make. After all, the healthcare you provide there might just be keeping America in fighting shape!
As a Washington DC nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Washington DC:
- Average annual salary: $50,980
- Currently employed: 1,100
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Washington DC Nursing Schools Enrolling Now