In the last ten years, the number of uninsured Tennesseans rose by 5% which means that more and more people are relying on the care of free clinics and urgent care centers to get their healthcare. This is why qualified, dedicated nurses are desperately needed in the Volunteer State.
So why not ‘volunteer’ to enrich your life with a great education from one of our fully accredited nursing schools listed below. Our top-notch teaching facilities will prepare you for a career as a CNA, an RN or an LPN in any field you choose to pursue – be it in a free clinic or a state of the art hospital.
Click the button next to the school or program of your choice and get in touch with career counselors ready to help you. It doesn’t matter if you live in Memphis, Nashville, or Knoxville. We have several online learning options for those who want to learn at their own pace, from the comfort of their home!
As a Tennessee nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Tennessee:
- Average annual salary: $36,160
- Currently employed: 22,650
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Tennessee Nursing Schools Enrolling Now
Concorde Career College
We believe hands-on experience is the best way to learn. And at Concorde, you’ll find that a “learn by doing” approach to healthcare training will get you the skills you need to succeed – and get you into the workforce quickly.
Even in today’s economy, the demand for skilled healthcare professionals shows no signs of slowing down. In fact, according to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Career Guide to Industries (2010-2011 Edition), the healthcare industry will generate .2 million in new wage and salary jobs between 2006 and 2016 – more than any other industry.
Now’s a great time to get started – and to move toward a rewarding healthcare career.
- Nursing - (AAS)
Franklin Pierce University
- 100% online – complete your degree on your own time, wherever you’d like
- 8-week courses – finish courses faster than in a traditional semester program
- Credit transfer available – transfer your associate degree or diploma credits easily
- Financial aid available to those who qualify – don’t let costs keep you from progressing in your nursing career
- RN to BS in Nursing
American Sentinel University
American Sentinel University is focused on more than just positioning you for success in your career today-we’re committed to preparing you for tomorrow. We offer accredited associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate programs in high-demand fields, and we design our curriculums to be forward thinking and market-relevant so that students can add value to their current and future organizations. With flexible delivery, outstanding student support services, and affordable tuition, we make the pursuit of your career dreams possible.
- American Sentinel University Online
- RN to Bachelor of Science Nursing