The healthcare industry is one of the biggest factors contributing to South Dakota’s economy. Part of this industry is the thousands of successful nurses working in the Mount Rushmore State. In no time you could be joining them after earning a degree from one of the South Dakota nursing schools. These education programs are designed to teach you everything you need to know about becoming a RN, CNA, or LPN.
The South Dakota nurse training programs exist throughout the State in places like Black Hills, Sioux Falls, Sturgis, and Pierre. In addition, there are South Dakota nursing schools with online courses available for those who enjoy working from home. Below you will find our featured list of South Dakota nurse training programs. Take some time to choose between traditional and online classes and enroll in one today!
As a South Dakota nurse, you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients
Some career figures for nursing professionals in South Dakota:
- Average annual salary: $34,270
- Currently employed: 2,100
- Employment outlook: 22% growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
South Dakota Nursing Schools Enrolling Now