In the past ten years, obesity rates in New York have risen from 18% to 25%. Now nearly 3.7 million New Yorkers are obese. As the Empire State continues to enlarge (in both population and waist size) so to does the importance of quality healthcare. Whether you are working as an in-home nurse for the sick and infirmed or making your rounds at one of New York’s famed hospitals, nursing is a tireless profession.
Yet you don’t have to live in the City that Never Sleeps to work in this tireless field. In fact, our high quality nursing schools are located all throughout the state- from Long Island to Manhattan, Brooklyn to Albany. You’re sure to find a certified nursing school near you or choose from our selection of online learning options.
Whichever you choose, you’re sure to find the rewarding aspects of a career in nursing. New York RNs, LPNs and CNAs are some of the hardest working in the Nation. Take the first step in joining the field by finding the school that works best for you!
As a New York nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in New York:
- Average annual salary: $43,820
- Currently employed: 47,950
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
New York Nursing Schools Enrolling Now
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
ASA College specializes in offering a superior value in higher education, with programs that balance traditional academic preparation with professional training and hands-on experience. 80% of Graduating Students get into the career field of their choice and many go on to advanced degrees!
Harris School of Business
Harris has become one of the fastest and most effective ways to begin a high growth career with excellent income potential. Harris has campuses conveniently located in Cherry Hill and Linwood. Students are instructed with state-of-the-art, real-world technologies that today’s employers are seeking.
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.