In the past ten years, obesity rates in New York have risen from 18% to 25%. Now nearly 3.7 million New Yorkers are obese. As the Empire State continues to enlarge (in both population and waist size) so to does the importance of quality healthcare. Whether you are working as an in-home nurse for the sick and infirmed or making your rounds at one of New York’s famed hospitals, nursing is a tireless profession.
Yet you don’t have to live in the City that Never Sleeps to work in this tireless field. In fact, our high quality nursing schools are located all throughout the state- from Long Island to Manhattan, Brooklyn to Albany. You’re sure to find a certified nursing school near you or choose from our selection of online learning options.
Whichever you choose, you’re sure to find the rewarding aspects of a career in nursing. New York RNs, LPNs and CNAs are some of the hardest working in the Nation. Take the first step in joining the field by finding the school that works best for you!
As a New York nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in New York:
- Average annual salary: $43,820
- Currently employed: 47,950
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
New York Nursing Schools Enrolling Now
Harris School of Business
Harris has become one of the fastest and most effective ways to begin a high growth career with excellent income potential. Harris has campuses conveniently located in Cherry Hill and Linwood. Students are instructed with state-of-the-art, real-world technologies that today’s employers are seeking.
Our Lady of the Lake
Our Lady of the Lake College offers you an accelerated RN to BSN program at an affordable tuition rate. Providing generous transfer credit through evaluation, Our Lady of the Lake College is affiliated with the Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical center and thereby, offers the degree programs that today’s hospitals and health systems are most demanding. Our Lady of the Lake College is committed to preparing you for a rewarding career after completing your BSN. This is achieved by implementing highly qualified instructors who have actively worked in the fields in which they teach, offering you their “real-world experience”; perspective.
Our Lady of the Lake College’s online programs aim to prepare future leaders to effectively serve in the healthcare sector, and hone leadership qualities unique to the Registered Nurse.
Top six reasons to choose the RN to BSN program with Our Lady of the Lake College:
- Convenience and Flexibility – 100% online classes which fit into your busy schedule
- Quality Academics – regional accreditation and world-renowned faculty
- Affordable Tuition – federal funding, corporate tuition assistance, and military benefits are accepted.
- Ground Campus Foundation – A century of expertise in developing academic offerings. You can even walk at graduation!
- Excellent Support Services – Faculty, student, career, and help desk support are all available.
- Regional Accreditation – Our Lady of the Lake College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees.
GlobalHealth Education, an educational services company, has worked closely with Our Lady of the Lake College to expand its online programs. As you take this next step, please know that the student advocate team at GlobalHealth Education is here to help you along the way.