Nursing Schools In New York (NY)
In the past ten years, obesity rates in New York have risen from 18% to 25%. Now nearly 3.7 million New Yorkers are obese. As the Empire State continues to enlarge (in both population and waist size) so to does the importance of quality healthcare. Whether you are working as an in-home nurse for the sick and infirmed or making your rounds at one of New York's famed hospitals, nursing is a tireless profession.
Yet you don't have to live in the City that Never Sleeps to work in this tireless field. In fact, our high quality nursing schools are located all throughout the state- from Long Island to Manhattan, Brooklyn to Albany. You're sure to find a certified nursing school near you or choose from our selection of online learning options.
Whichever you choose, you're sure to find the rewarding aspects of a career in nursing. New York RNs, LPNs and CNAs are some of the hardest working in the Nation. Take the first step in joining the field by finding the school that works best for you!
As a New York nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in New York:
- Average annual salary: $43,820
- Currently employed: 47,950
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor's, Associate's
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Schools In New York:
- Edison (Central NJ)
- Nursing (Practical)
- Paramus (Northern NJ)
- Nursing (Practical)
- Certified Nurse's Aide
- LPN to BSN in Nursing
- RN to BSN in Nursing
- MS in Nursing
- MSN - Nurse Administrator
- RN to MS in Nursing
- MSN - Nurse Informatics
- Master of Science in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner
- MSN - Nurse Educator
- Post-Masters Certificates in Nursing/Nursing Informatics
- Post-Masters Certificates in Nursing/Nursing Education
- Post-Masters Certificates in Nursing/Nursing Leadership & Management
- DNP/Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) - General
- Master of Science in Nursing