Perhaps no area was hit harder during the recession than Michigan. Home to Detroit, the Wolverine State has an exceedingly high rate of violent crime and health insurance is hard to come by. That’s why now more than ever bodies are needed to join the fight and keep the Motor City running.
Michigan nurses are vital to ensuring that cities like Detroit and Grand Rapids live to fight another day. If you are considering joining your fellow Michiganders in the rush to becoming an LPN, an RN or a CNA, this website has all the resources you need!
Browse the list below to find a program that’s right for you. We’ve got campuses all across the great state of Michigan as well as several convenient online learning options. Click to contact the Michigan nursing school of your choice and start your path towards becoming a certified nurse today!
As a Michigan nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Michigan:
- Average annual salary: $42,310
- Currently employed: 18,650
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Michigan Nursing Schools Enrolling Now
Dorsey Schools are postsecondary institutions that provide short term comprehensive training to prepare students for promising career opportunities in fields such as cosmetology, culinary arts, healthcare, legal and skilled trades.
Today Dorsey is proudly represented by thousands of successful graduates working in their chosen careers throughout Michigan, because employers know they can feel confident hiring a Dorsey graduate.
Dorsey Schools has one main mission: to better educate their students, thus improving career opportunities available to them. This is why the entire staff of Dorsey Schools strives to prepare men and women for the best possible career training in a variety of fields. Each program at Dorsey Schools is committed to providing quality career education and positive reinforcement – enabling the development of self-esteem, self-reliance, discipline and confidence in each graduate, coupled with an obligation to the communities where they live and work.
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.