Perhaps no area was hit harder during the recession than Michigan. Home to Detroit, the Wolverine State has an exceedingly high rate of violent crime and health insurance is hard to come by. That’s why now more than ever bodies are needed to join the fight and keep the Motor City running.
Michigan nurses are vital to ensuring that cities like Detroit and Grand Rapids live to fight another day. If you are considering joining your fellow Michiganders in the rush to becoming an LPN, an RN or a CNA, this website has all the resources you need!
Browse the list below to find a program that’s right for you. We’ve got campuses all across the great state of Michigan as well as several convenient online learning options. Click to contact the Michigan nursing school of your choice and start your path towards becoming a certified nurse today!
As a Michigan nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Michigan:
- Average annual salary: $42,310
- Currently employed: 18,650
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Michigan Nursing Schools Enrolling Now