The Bayou State is the perfect place to begin your career in the healthcare industry. Nurses are some of the most valued and important workers in the country and the Louisiana nursing schools will help you become one of them. There are Louisiana nursing schools in excellent locations like Baton Rouge, New Orleans and Shreveport. In addition, there are online programs available, allowing you to work from home.
The Louisiana nurse training programs offer extraordinary education opportunities to everyone who attends. In Louisiana, you will be given the resources and training needed to learn how to become any type of nurse you want, including a CNA, RN, and LPN. Decide which type of Louisiana nursing school is right for you, and enroll in one featured in our list below!
As a Louisiana nurse, you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Louisiana:
- Average annual salary: $37,820
- Currently employed: 22,540
- Employment outlook: 22% growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Louisiana Nursing Schools Enrolling Now
Indiana Wesleyan University
Indiana Wesleyan University is an evangelical Christian comprehensive university that is committed to liberal arts and professional education. U.S. News & World Report ranks Indiana Wesleyan University as “one of the best Master’s universities in the Midwest.”
Indiana Wesleyan University stands ready – with the resources and the passion – to equip future generations of learners with skills they will need to meet the challenges of our rapidly changing world.