Did you know that the name Kentucky originated from the Native American word “Ken-tah-ten,” which means ‘land of tomorrow’? Soldiering on towards a brighter tomorrow is central to Kentuckian lifestyle from the mines of Harlan County to capital of Frankfort, and it’s dedicated nurses who help the state get there.
With obesity and smoking rates on the rise, managing the health of the Bluegrass State isn’t an easy one. Yet it’s a task that several thousand Kentucky nurses are taking on daily and you could be one of them!
We’ve compiled a list of the very finest Kentucky nursing schools. Our full accredited campuses are located across the state – it doesn’t matter if you live in Louisville or Lexington you’re sure to find a top-notch school near you. Have a difficult schedule and prefer to learn on your own time? Why not check out our excellent online learning options as well? The choice is yours to make so click on the button to contact the school of your choice today!
As a Kentucky nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Kentucky:
- Average annual salary: $37,300
- Currently employed: 9,510
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Kentucky Nursing Schools Enrolling Now
Spencerian College has been educating students since 1892 and is part of the Sullivan University system which is Kentucky’s largest private college system with over 6,000 students. Spencerian offers career-focused curriculums in business, medical and technical fields. The mission of Spencerian College is to provide men and women with quality training for careers in the business, technical and health care professions.
Thomas More College
Thomas More College
The Accelerated Program (TAP)
The TAP program is designed with working adult students in mind. Your experience will include applying real-life situations during your program of study and utilize group study sessions.
- Recently recognized by Business Insider as the top school in Kentucky for ROI.
- Flexible schedules with classes meeting just once a week.
- Two convenient locations near work or home.
- Affordable programs with many financing options, employer assistance (if applicable), military discounts and financial aid available for those who qualify.
- Small class sizes (about 14-24 students).
- An affordable book rental program is available.
- Option to take one course at a time.
- Each course lasts five to seven weeks.
Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Bachelor of Arts/Science, Bachelor of Elected Studies, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Business Administration, Associate in Arts, and Associate in Elected Studies Degrees. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, phone: 404-679-4500).
At Fortis, our students get the skills and training needed for great careers in industries that are in demand. You are now closer to your dreams than ever before!
Fortis provides prominent education for anyone regardless of your previous educational background. Get the opportunity to receive all the personalized attention you deserve to achieve your career and educational goals!
Our Lady of the Lake
Our Lady of the Lake College offers you an accelerated RN to BSN program at an affordable tuition rate. Providing generous transfer credit through evaluation, Our Lady of the Lake College is affiliated with the Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical center and thereby, offers the degree programs that today’s hospitals and health systems are most demanding. Our Lady of the Lake College is committed to preparing you for a rewarding career after completing your BSN. This is achieved by implementing highly qualified instructors who have actively worked in the fields in which they teach, offering you their “real-world experience”; perspective.
Our Lady of the Lake College’s online programs aim to prepare future leaders to effectively serve in the healthcare sector, and hone leadership qualities unique to the Registered Nurse.
Top six reasons to choose the RN to BSN program with Our Lady of the Lake College:
- Convenience and Flexibility – 100% online classes which fit into your busy schedule
- Quality Academics – regional accreditation and world-renowned faculty
- Affordable Tuition – federal funding, corporate tuition assistance, and military benefits are accepted.
- Ground Campus Foundation – A century of expertise in developing academic offerings. You can even walk at graduation!
- Excellent Support Services – Faculty, student, career, and help desk support are all available.
- Regional Accreditation – Our Lady of the Lake College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees.
GlobalHealth Education, an educational services company, has worked closely with Our Lady of the Lake College to expand its online programs. As you take this next step, please know that the student advocate team at GlobalHealth Education is here to help you along the way.