Did you know that the name Kentucky originated from the Native American word “Ken-tah-ten,” which means ‘land of tomorrow’? Soldiering on towards a brighter tomorrow is central to Kentuckian lifestyle from the mines of Harlan County to capital of Frankfort, and it’s dedicated nurses who help the state get there.
With obesity and smoking rates on the rise, managing the health of the Bluegrass State isn’t an easy one. Yet it’s a task that several thousand Kentucky nurses are taking on daily and you could be one of them!
We’ve compiled a list of the very finest Kentucky nursing schools. Our full accredited campuses are located across the state – it doesn’t matter if you live in Louisville or Lexington you’re sure to find a top-notch school near you. Have a difficult schedule and prefer to learn on your own time? Why not check out our excellent online learning options as well? The choice is yours to make so click on the button to contact the school of your choice today!
As a Kentucky nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Kentucky:
- Average annual salary: $37,300
- Currently employed: 9,510
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Kentucky Nursing Schools Enrolling Now
Beckfield College – offering a college education focused on you and your needs
Beckfield College is proud to celebrate more than 30 years of academic excellence in the Greater Cincinnati community. Beckfield College opened its doors in 1984 with 2 students, 2 programs, and one location. Today, thirty years later, we have more than 1000 students, educational offerings at 2 on-campus locations, online delivery, and 15 different programs with various levels that meet today’s needs.
Why Beckfield College Works After 30 Years: Partnership
Beckfield College Commits to its Student Body:
- The faculty and staff are committed to the success of each and every student.
- The academics and class schedules are structured to meet the needs of our diverse student body.
- Student and Career Services are committed to providing a positive and successful experience.
Students Commit Knowing the College is Committed to Them:
- Students commit to their education.
- Students commit to remain motivated through graduation and beyond.
Why Beckfield College? It’s All About YOU – Your Needs, Your Goals, Your Choices!
We take YOU and your goals for success seriously at Beckfield College from the minute you first enter one of our campuses or online. We help you every step of the way, beginning with a personal interview, through financial aid, during your academic studies, and finally achieving career goals upon graduation. We get to know all of our students – by name, face and professional aspirations.
Beckfield College has been successfully helping individuals start or change their career through education for more than 30 years. With campuses located in Florence, Kentucky and Tri-County Cincinnati, Ohio and online, our entire mission is built and designed with our students in mind. We provide academic excellence for students of all ages, backgrounds and diverse needs.
Why Beckfield College?
- Small Campus Feel – On-Campus and Online
- One-on-One Financial Aid Assistance
- Lifetime Career Services for Graduates
- 30 Years of Academic Excellence
Beckfield offers Bachelor’s or Associate degrees, along with Diplomas or Certificates, in the following areas of study.
- Business Administration
- Chiropractic Assisting
- Criminal Justice
- Dental Assisting
- Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Human Resources
- IT: Application Development
- IT: Cloud Computing
- IT: Network Architecture
- IT: System Administration
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Billing & Coding Administration
- Medical Office Assistant
- Nursing (LPN*, LPN to RN*, RN*, RN to BSN)
- Paralegal Studies (approved by the American Bar Association)
- Personal Training
It’s all about YOU – don’t wait – contact us today!
Harrison College prides itself on truly knowing our students — their lives and families, obstacles and motivations and their dreams and goals. We also know their potential — that’s why for more than 100 years, our mission has been to provide a supportive environment, with the expectation that their success also benefits their families, friends and communities. That’s the Harrison Difference.
Harrison College campuses are accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a national institutional accrediting body, to award associate degrees, bachelor’s degrees and certificates. The award level varies by campus.