Did you know that the name Kentucky originated from the Native American word “Ken-tah-ten,” which means ‘land of tomorrow’? Soldiering on towards a brighter tomorrow is central to Kentuckian lifestyle from the mines of Harlan County to capital of Frankfort, and it’s dedicated nurses who help the state get there.
With obesity and smoking rates on the rise, managing the health of the Bluegrass State isn’t an easy one. Yet it’s a task that several thousand Kentucky nurses are taking on daily and you could be one of them!
We’ve compiled a list of the very finest Kentucky nursing schools. Our full accredited campuses are located across the state – it doesn’t matter if you live in Louisville or Lexington you’re sure to find a top-notch school near you. Have a difficult schedule and prefer to learn on your own time? Why not check out our excellent online learning options as well? The choice is yours to make so click on the button to contact the school of your choice today!
As a Kentucky nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Kentucky:
- Average annual salary: $37,300
- Currently employed: 9,510
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Kentucky Nursing Schools Enrolling Now
Spencerian College has been educating students since 1892 and is part of the Sullivan University system which is Kentucky’s largest private college system with over 6,000 students. Spencerian offers career-focused curriculums in business, medical and technical fields. The mission of Spencerian College is to provide men and women with quality training for careers in the business, technical and health care professions.
Keiser University eCampus Online
For more than 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, career-focused education in fields such as health care, business, criminal justice and information technology. Our one-class-at-a-time schedules allow busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family. Whether you choose to attend online, on campus, or both you will be part of a caring learning environment led by experienced faculty who bring textbooks to life with real-world challenges and solutions. Our unique combination of a curriculum that is in pace with technology and the skills employers value along with our “students first” approach provides an outstanding academic experience.
Why Keiser University Online
Online Convenience to Help You Achieve Your Goals
From faculty to admissions, our staff is dedicated to your success.
- Accessible faculty and staff with small classes to ensure personalized attention for each student
- State-of-the-practice online classroom technology in a user-friendly format to enhance learning
- Extensive online resources with access to all student services, including registration, instructional materials and an online library system with a wide range of academic journals, e-books, streaming videos, print titles and research databases
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools1
- Financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Military-friendly and committed to serving active members of the military, veterans and their families, with scholarships available for those who qualify.
- Approved for veterans training
- Transfer credits accepted subject to university approval
Keiser is one of Florida’s largest independent universities and is a valued choice for career-motivated students. We offer associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in fields that are in demand, and we provide job placement assistance to students and alumni.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
1 Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.