Did you know that the name Kentucky originated from the Native American word “Ken-tah-ten,” which means ‘land of tomorrow’? Soldiering on towards a brighter tomorrow is central to Kentuckian lifestyle from the mines of Harlan County to capital of Frankfort, and it’s dedicated nurses who help the state get there.
With obesity and smoking rates on the rise, managing the health of the Bluegrass State isn’t an easy one. Yet it’s a task that several thousand Kentucky nurses are taking on daily and you could be one of them!
We’ve compiled a list of the very finest Kentucky nursing schools. Our full accredited campuses are located across the state – it doesn’t matter if you live in Louisville or Lexington you’re sure to find a top-notch school near you. Have a difficult schedule and prefer to learn on your own time? Why not check out our excellent online learning options as well? The choice is yours to make so click on the button to contact the school of your choice today!
As a Kentucky nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Kentucky:
- Average annual salary: $37,300
- Currently employed: 9,510
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Kentucky Nursing Schools Enrolling Now