Have you ever considered the life of a nurse in Kansas? The declining health quality of Kansans according to most surveys would indicate that it’s not easy work. Yet if you talk to a Kansas nurse you’ll hear them say that while the work can be tough, it’s definitely rewarding. It doesn’t matter if you work in a clinic assisting the growing number of uninsured Kansans or at a big hospital in Topeka, taking care of people’s health will always remind you that you’ve made a wise life choice.
This is part of the reason why we’ve compiled the extensive resources below for anyone considering becoming a Kansas nurse. We’ve put together a list of the very best Kansas nursing schools that the located all across the Sunflower State – from Colby to Wichita. Our fully accredited learning institutions will help you start your path towards becoming a CNA, an RN or an LPN. Whether you learn in a traditional classroom setting or online you’re sure to gain the skills and training necessary to achieve your goals.
As a Kansas nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Kansas:
- Average annual salary: $37,520
- Currently employed: 7,070
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Kansas Nursing Schools Enrolling Now
Sullivan University Online
Sullivan University is Kentucky’s largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you’re a high school student considering college, or someone seeking professional development, you’ll be surprised at the alternatives Sullivan University offers. Our streamlined programs are designed to fit into your lifestyle. With online course offerings, we work around your busy schedule to help you find a flexible plan that suits you. We offer everything from certificates and diplomas to advanced degrees so you can find a program that fits. For over 50 years, Sullivan has prepared students for lifelong success. Our course offerings have continually evolved to meet the practical needs of the business world, and our work continues with unlimited employment assistance to help graduates find jobs nationwide. Find out what makes Sullivan the right fit for you!
Our Lady of the Lake
Our Lady of the Lake College offers you an accelerated RN to BSN program at an affordable tuition rate. Providing generous transfer credit through evaluation, Our Lady of the Lake College is affiliated with the Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical center and thereby, offers the degree programs that today’s hospitals and health systems are most demanding. Our Lady of the Lake College is committed to preparing you for a rewarding career after completing your BSN. This is achieved by implementing highly qualified instructors who have actively worked in the fields in which they teach, offering you their “real-world experience”; perspective.
Our Lady of the Lake College’s online programs aim to prepare future leaders to effectively serve in the healthcare sector, and hone leadership qualities unique to the Registered Nurse.
Top six reasons to choose the RN to BSN program with Our Lady of the Lake College:
- Convenience and Flexibility – 100% online classes which fit into your busy schedule
- Quality Academics – regional accreditation and world-renowned faculty
- Affordable Tuition – federal funding, corporate tuition assistance, and military benefits are accepted.
- Ground Campus Foundation – A century of expertise in developing academic offerings. You can even walk at graduation!
- Excellent Support Services – Faculty, student, career, and help desk support are all available.
- Regional Accreditation – Our Lady of the Lake College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award associate, baccalaureate, and master’s degrees.
GlobalHealth Education, an educational services company, has worked closely with Our Lady of the Lake College to expand its online programs. As you take this next step, please know that the student advocate team at GlobalHealth Education is here to help you along the way.