Each year, around Nurse’s Week, nurses from across the great state of Iowa gather in Des Moines to honor 100 of their finest with an award (aptly named) Iowa’s Great Nurses. Though it’s a relatively new tradition, it’s a proud one – and one day you could be honored amongst some of the greats!
Whether you’re just starting down the path to becoming a nurse or are looking into pursuing further nursing education, our website has all the resources you’ll need to make an informed decision on the matter. Becoming an Iowa nurse is a difficult but rewarding task that our fully accredited schools can help you accomplish.
Take your coursework online or in person at one of our fine learning establishments located all across the Hawkeye State from Des Moines to Cedar Rapids and Davenport. Earn your degree and become an LPN, an RN or a CNA. The choice is yours and now has never been a better time, so why wait?
As an Iowan nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Iowa:
- Average annual salary: $36,820
- Currently employed: 7,200
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Iowa Nursing Schools Enrolling Now