Things are looking sunny for the health of the Sunshine State. The United Health Foundation has determined that in the coming years, the overall healthiness of Floridians should be on the rise. This is great news for citizens and a credit to the hard work of Florida’s nursing and hospital staffs. With the high senior population of Florida, nurses are not only a vital part of the economy but the wellbeing of countless citizens.
If you’ve ever wanted to become a Florida nurse, now is your time! Whether you plan on becoming an RN, a LPN or a CNA, our accredited nursing schools can give you the training you need to have the career you deserve. Use the list below to find the school that’s right for you. Our schools have campuses near Orlando, Tampa and Miami as well as several online options for those on a less than flexible schedule.
Become a part of Florida’s momentous rise in health quality, give back to the community and help your fellow man. Become a nurse today!
As a Florida nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Florida:
- Average annual salary: $40,770
- Currently employed: 42,710
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Florida Nursing Schools Enrolling Now
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
At Keiser University, you will find a warm, friendly community with faculty and staff truly committed to your success. Our small class sizes, individualized attention, and one-class-at-a-time schedules create a positive learning environment where you can excel. Whether your goal is to prepare for a new career or to advance with your current employer, Keiser University is designed around your needs.
Florida Career College
Florida Career College’s mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities.
Our objectives are to:
- Offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements.
- Create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals.
- Generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods.
- Maintain a qualified, caring faculty and staff dedicated to the personal and professional development of each student.
- Remain at the forefront of education by supporting continuing education and training for graduates, faculty, and staff.
- Instill a quality philosophy in students, staff, and faculty to continually exceed expectations.
- Prepare and encourage students to pursue life-long learning.
At Florida Career College, we firmly believe that good training is the primary factor in achieving personal success.