Things are looking sunny for the health of the Sunshine State. The United Health Foundation has determined that in the coming years, the overall healthiness of Floridians should be on the rise. This is great news for citizens and a credit to the hard work of Florida’s nursing and hospital staffs. With the high senior population of Florida, nurses are not only a vital part of the economy but the wellbeing of countless citizens.
If you’ve ever wanted to become a Florida nurse, now is your time! Whether you plan on becoming an RN, a LPN or a CNA, our accredited nursing schools can give you the training you need to have the career you deserve. Use the list below to find the school that’s right for you. Our schools have campuses near Orlando, Tampa and Miami as well as several online options for those on a less than flexible schedule.
Become a part of Florida’s momentous rise in health quality, give back to the community and help your fellow man. Become a nurse today!
As a Florida nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Florida:
- Average annual salary: $40,770
- Currently employed: 42,710
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Florida Nursing Schools Enrolling Now
At Keiser University we are here to help you succeed by providing the professional and academic foundation to meet your educational goals and objectives. Keiser University continues to be a valuable partner to employers, the community, and, above all, a valued choice for students serious about their education and career.
Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Concorde Career Colleges, Inc.
We believe hands-on experience is the best way to learn. And at Concorde, you’ll find that a “learn by doing” approach to healthcare training will get you the skills you need to succeed – and get you into the workforce quickly.
Even in today’s economy, the demand for skilled healthcare professionals shows no signs of slowing down. In fact, according to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Career Guide to Industries (2010-2011 Edition), the healthcare industry will generate .2 million in new wage and salary jobs between 2006 and 2016 – more than any other industry.
Now’s a great time to get started – and to move toward a rewarding healthcare career.
West Coast University
West Coast University (WCU), with campuses in Los Angeles, Ontario, and Orange County, offers Bachelor and Master’s level degree programs that are designed to help you reach your educational and professional goals while balancing an already busy life and work schedule. We want to help you advance in the health care industry through higher education.
Complete information about West Coast University, including its academic programs, campus locations, admissions policy, and tuition, is located at westcoastuniversity.edu.
Florida Career College
Florida Career College’s mission is to successfully prepare our graduates for new career opportunities.
Our objectives are to:
- Offer graduates viable career options by providing quality educational programs based on employer-driven requirements.
- Create a positive learning environment that recognizes individuality and enables students to meet their unique educational goals.
- Generate excitement and foster the desire to learn through diverse teaching methods.
- Maintain a qualified, caring faculty and staff dedicated to the personal and professional development of each student.
- Remain at the forefront of education by supporting continuing education and training for graduates, faculty, and staff.
- Instill a quality philosophy in students, staff, and faculty to continually exceed expectations.
- Prepare and encourage students to pursue life-long learning.
At Florida Career College, we firmly believe that good training is the primary factor in achieving personal success.
We Make Higher Education A Successful Investment
At Rasmussen College, our focus has always been and will remain on making your higher education experience a successful investment. We help you achieve the success you want-both in your courses and in your career.
Through our Tuition Lock, which guarantees your tuition costs will not increase from enrollment to graduation, you can focus on your courses with peace of mind that your tuition costs will remain the same.* Plus, our seamless transfer policies help maximize your credit transfer and minimize your time to graduation-saving you time and money.
To help you prepare for career success, our classroom experience replicates the real world. In small classes led by industry-experienced faculty, you receive hands-on learning and gain relevant skills through internship opportunities, field training exercises, and other program-relevant experiences.
To help you advance your career as quickly as possible, you can complete your Bachelor’s degree in our AcceleratED Bachelor’s Degree Completion Program in as little as 18 months.* Our other programs also have a streamlined completion time: you can earn your Associate’s degree in as little as 18 months or a Certificate in as little as nine months.
At Rasmussen College, we are committed to developing our students into confident professionals who are leaders in their field. Students can choose to earn an in-demand degree in one of our seven schools of study (program availability varies by campus):
- School of Business
- School of Design
- School of Education
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Justice Studies
- School of Nursing
- School of Technology
Five Reasons to Choose Rasmussen College
- AcceleratED: You can earn an in-demand Bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and help advance your career.*
- Transfer Credits: Our transfer policies are designed to maximize your credit transfer and minimize your time to graduation. You can earn college credit for prior learning and military experience, transfer your Associate’s degree (regardless of area of study), or test out of courses, and transfer up to 120 credits into your Bachelor’s degree.*
- Career Services Assistance: Through resume preparation, mock interviews, and job searching, our dedicated career services advisors work to help you find the in-demand position that is right for you.
- Market-Relevant Experience: From our practical and relevant curriculum, to our faculty with industry-specific professional experience, Rasmussen College provides you with a practical education experience to help you land the job you want.
- Financial Aid: Our knowledgeable financial aid advisors work with you to develop a financial aid solution that is customized to suit your specific situation. Our advisors show you the loan, grant, and scholarship opportunities you may qualify for in a stress-free and seamless application environment.
About Rasmussen College
With more than 110 years of academic excellence, Rasmussen College is a trusted and respected higher education institution with campuses in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, North Dakota, Florida, and online throughout the nation. Since 1900, Rasmussen College has been dedicated to helping our students succeed both in the classroom and in their careers.
*Continuously enrolled students in Certificate, Diploma, and Associate’s degree programs will not be subject to a tuition increase for two years from the time they begin their program of study. Continuously enrolled students in Bachelor’s degrees will not be subject to tuition increase for four years from the time they begin their program of study.
*Time to complete is dependent on number of credits transferred in and credits taken per quarter. Rasmussen College reserves the right to deny or accept transfer credits per the policies in the course catalog.
West Coast University Online
Do you want to start working toward a career that actually makes you excited? If so, an education from West Coast University (WCU) could be the perfect choice for you! This accredited, private University has a history that dates back over 100 years. Today, WCU offers healthcare degrees that will help prepare you and educate you on the current trends and issues within the health industry.
Sullivan University Online
Sullivan University is Kentucky’s largest private college or university, offering higher education for people with higher goals. At Sullivan University, we focus on in-demand programs that lead to successful careers. Whether you’re a high school student considering college, or someone seeking professional development, you’ll be surprised at the alternatives Sullivan University offers. Our streamlined programs are designed to fit into your lifestyle. With online course offerings, we work around your busy schedule to help you find a flexible plan that suits you. We offer everything from certificates and diplomas to advanced degrees so you can find a program that fits. For over 50 years, Sullivan has prepared students for lifelong success. Our course offerings have continually evolved to meet the practical needs of the business world, and our work continues with unlimited employment assistance to help graduates find jobs nationwide. Find out what makes Sullivan the right fit for you!