Things are looking sunny for the health of the Sunshine State. The United Health Foundation has determined that in the coming years, the overall healthiness of Floridians should be on the rise. This is great news for citizens and a credit to the hard work of Florida’s nursing and hospital staffs. With the high senior population of Florida, nurses are not only a vital part of the economy but the wellbeing of countless citizens.
If you’ve ever wanted to become a Florida nurse, now is your time! Whether you plan on becoming an RN, a LPN or a CNA, our accredited nursing schools can give you the training you need to have the career you deserve. Use the list below to find the school that’s right for you. Our schools have campuses near Orlando, Tampa and Miami as well as several online options for those on a less than flexible schedule.
Become a part of Florida’s momentous rise in health quality, give back to the community and help your fellow man. Become a nurse today!
As a Florida nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in Florida:
- Average annual salary: $40,770
- Currently employed: 42,710
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Florida Nursing Schools Enrolling Now
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
At Keiser University, you will find a warm, friendly community with faculty and staff truly committed to your success. Our small class sizes, individualized attention, and one-class-at-a-time schedules create a positive learning environment where you can excel. Whether your goal is to prepare for a new career or to advance with your current employer, Keiser University is designed around your needs.
Keiser University Advantage
- Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs
- Day, Evening, and Online Classes
- Financial Aid to Those Who Qualify
- Job Placement Assistance Available
- Military-friendly, scholarships for qualified active duty personnel, Veterans, and dependants. Yellow Ribbon program participant, approved for Veterans training
Programs and delivery format vary by campus. Courses are subject to change.
Keiser University’s programs and curriculum remain in-line with technology and workforce trends, helping you develop the skills and qualifications necessary to succeed in today’s job market. Our career-focused programs make it possible for you to graduate in less time than you may think.
Southern Technical College
Whether you need to upgrade your skills or change careers, Southern Technical College has the right program to fit your needs. Let us show you how to get the skills you need in a short amount of time so that you can get into a new career fast!
What makes Southern Technical College for you?
- Convenient Locations
- Financial Assistance For Those Who Qualify
- Hands-On Training
- Small Classes/Individualized Attention
- Career Placement Assistance
- Morning or Evening Classes Available
Why Choose Southern Technical College:
- Industry Experienced Instructors
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools
- Licensed by the Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education
Financial Assistance and Availability
The financial aid team at Southern Technical College is committed to helping you find ways to finance your education. Our team is trained to help you overcome the financial obstacles that may be standing in the way of your education.
Southern Technical College participates in several of the U.S. Department of Education’s Federal Financial Aid Programs, which are generally available to those who qualify. Visit www.studentaid.ed.gov for more information, learn more about the types of financial aid available, and consumer information, or contact your local campus to speak member of our financial aid team
Career Placement Assistance
Our career service advisors can help you with resume writing, interviewing skills, employer contacts, and the latest job search techniques. We have years of experience in helping graduates gain employment in great jobs with great companies, and we are ready to help you, too! We cannot guarantee your success, but STC has an excellent record of helping graduates find and keep jobs in their field of study. Success after graduation depends on many factors, and we are here to help you along the way!