Though the healthcare quality ranking in California has been less than stellar in recent years the Golden State has shown significant improvement in each subsequent National survey. Part of this is no doubt thanks to the tireless work of those in the nursing profession. They help to take care of and monitor the health of each of California’s 33,000,000+ residents.
It’s never been easier to pursue your LVN, LPN or CNA certification in California. We can help you get started by selecting a school from the list below. Each of these accredited institutions is a great opportunity to hone your craft and become a nurse or nurse assistant.
The best part? You don’t even have to live in cities like Los Angeles, San Diego or San Francisco to get a quality education! Learn online or in a traditional classroom setting. The choice is yours! So why wait?
As a California nurse you will:
- Assist patients in hospitals, care homes and outpatient centers
- Carry out minor medical procedures
- Create and implement patient care plans
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
Some career figures for nursing professionals in California:
- Average annual salary: $51,130
- Currently employed: 64,460
- Employment outlook: 22% growth
- Most popular degrees: Bachelor’s, Associate’s
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
California Nursing Schools Enrolling Now
South University Online
Welcome to South University, delivering quality education and personalized attention to students since 1899. Our online degree programs are designed to provide you with the freedom to attend class any time – day or night – from anywhere you connect to the Internet. At South University, you are in control of your education.